How we are Operating During the Lock Down
Fully Operational Online Service From Monday 11th May
From 11th May we will be resuming all our normal online operations. This means that our whole product range will be available (subject to stock) including painted baths. We will be delivering to all UK destinations (as usual) and subject to international restrictions we will also be resuming overseas shipments.
To maintain safety and to continue the fight against covid-19 we will not be re-opening our showroom and in nearly all circumstances our workforce will all be working in different locations with no physical contact. On the few occasions where we still need staff to meet to run our business we have plans ready to implement that will remove this necessity.
For example, formally baths that were painted would be shipped from the manufacturer to our main warehouse, then transported to the paint work shop where they would be painted before being transported back to the warehouse and shipped to you. Now we will be having baths that are to be painted shipped direct to the paint work shop from the manufacturer where they will be painted, packaged and then shipped direct to you removing all the contact between the main warehouse and the paint workshop. We are implementing policies like this in all aspects of our business in order to drastically reduce physical contact between people. As a welcome side effect we reduce our carbon footprint.
Until May 11th the following apply:
What We Can Supply and How We are Doing It
Charlotte Edwards Baths
We can supply all Charlotte Edwards baths in factory finishes (white, gloss black and matt black where available). You can see all the Charlotte Edwards baths here: Charlotte Edwards Baths. Lead times for these are about 3 to 5 working days from placing an order. Orders can be placed online in the usual way or by ringing us on 0113 2360214 or on 07932 278913.
Charlotte Edwards have single person manning their warehouse and organising dispatches. He is taking great care, for example dispatches are leaving the Charlotte Edwards warehouse using photographic evidence of collection by the carrier instead of using a signature. Orders for Charlotte Edwards baths will be dispatched to you direct from the Charlotte Edwards warehouse.
Royce Morgan Baths
We can supply all Royce Morgan baths in factory finishes (white and gloss black where available). You can see all the Royce Morgan baths here: Royce Morgan Baths. Lead times for these are about 5 to 12 working days from placing an order. Orders can be placed online in the usual way or by ringing us on 0113 2360214 or on 07932 278913.
Royce Morgan have closed their warehouse, but they are having one person go in once per week to organise dispatches. Orders for Royce Morgan baths will be dispatched to you direct from the Royce Morgan warehouse.
West End Baths (all sizes)
Our West End baths are made in Bradford in a workshop by a single person (Mick) who makes them from the raw materials to the complete and finished product. In theory we can ship these direct from Mick to you with no extra contact between us at Classical Baths and Mick at the workshop. The only thing stopping us doing this are that we don’t have the right packaging materials and pallets at the workshop. If we get an urgent order for one of these baths that needs to ship before the current restrictions are eased then we can ship packaging materials and pallets from the suppliers direct to the workshop and then we can ship them out to you direct from the workshop. So if you are in urgent need of one of these contact us and we will see what we can do.
Waste Kits and Other Accessories
For the most part we keep stock of all the waste kits and accessories shown on the website and can supply these as usual (delivery by UPS). I have these at my home from where they will be dispatched without need to open the warehouse or showroom.
FOR OTHER ITEMS: How to place an order without payment so you are in the queue as soon as this crisis is over
We can take any orders including for painted baths without payment. In this case you will be put in a queue and as soon as we are able to fulfil your order, we will contact you to take payment and proceed. This is especially important for painted baths where we may have several customers ahead of you. To place an order without payment either ring us on 0113 2360214 or 07932 278913 or place the order online as usual but at the checkout instead of entering your card details select the ‘PAY BY BANK TRANSFER’ radio button. This will allow you to place an order without making a payment. If you do this, you will get an automated order confirmation, but we will also contact you (usually by phone) within one working day to confirm with you that we have your order.
What we can’t do until restrictions are eased
Baths we Can’t Supply
We cannot provide baths from any manufacturers other than those from Charlotte Edwards or Royce Morgan.
Our Painted Baths
We are not supplying painted baths just at this moment. However, you can place an order without paying so that you are in the painting queue once we restart. We will restart painting as soon as restrictions are relaxed.
We are not doing any overseas deliveries at this time. However you can ring us to place an order without payment so as soon as possible we will be able to take payment and then ship to you.
We are available 7 days a week to help with any enquiries you may have. You can contact us on 0113 2360214 or 07932 278913. We are available 7 days a week from 9am to 9pm, if we don’t pick up leave a message and we will call you back. You can also send a text message to the mobile number or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Keep Safe when Receiving Deliveries from Us
During this time it is important that everyone takes responsibility for their own health and follows the advice of the government and of health experts, especially if this conflicts with the advice given here by us. However, to the best of our knowledge this is how you should take deliveries from us in order to remain safe.
- The time for the Covid-19 virus to become inactive on non-porous surfaces has been widely reported as 72 hours, therefore we advise that if at all possible, you leave any deliveries untouched and outside your property for 72 hours. According to the information we have it should then be safe for you to handle the packaging and items delivered without protective equipment. We strongly recommend that you treat all surfaces as if they were non-porous and require 72 hours to eliminate the possible presence of the virus.
- In most cases delivery personnel should be able to deliver without a signature; however, we ship with third parties and so cannot guarantee this. If the delivery person asks for a signature, ask them to put the delivery note or equivalent on the ground outdoors and keep the person at least 2 metres away from you as you sign. Follow all the guidance given below in the ‘Hand and Face Hygiene’ section.
- Most Importantly. Hand and Face Hygiene – if you are providing a signature or handling delivered goods within 72 hours of delivery then you must pay careful attention to hand and face hygiene. Most importantly you should not touch your face with your hands after handling equipment or delivered goods before thoroughly washing your hands (whether you are wearing gloves or not). Ideally wear a mask or cover your mouth and nose with a scarf or other piece of material as this will help prevent you from accidentally touching your mouth or nose. The virus can also infect you through your eyes so if you wear glasses put them on as this may also help prevent you touching your eyes, even better wear swimming goggles or other protective goggles. If you must tale the item indoors quarantine it for 72 hours in a place where no one in your household will touch it.
- Customers facing special vulnerability, if you are immuno-suppressed or if you are over 70 years of age and/or have underlying health conditions including but not limited to lung disease, heart disease or diabetes then please feel free to call us and we will, in conjunction with you, endeavour to make special provisions to keep you safe. This may include giving special instructions to the delivery company or taking any other measures that we can practically take. Your health matters to us more than any bath or any profit.
- If you have any doubts or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0113 2360214 or 07932 278913. We are available 7 days a week from 9am to 9pm, if we don’t pick up leave a message and we will call you back. You can also send a text message to the mobile number or email us at email@example.com.